ExtraFax for Exchange 2.3 is available for download now!
New Product Announcement - September 19, 2014
Extracomm Inc. is proud to announce the availability of ExtraFax for Microsoft Exchange 2.3. This new maintenance release contains many new features, essential enhancements and critical fixes as described below.
What's New in ExtraFax for Microsoft Exchange 2.3
* New features and enhancements - This version contains the following useful new features and enhancements:
1. Supports the use of etherFAX for faxing.
2. Provide ExtraFax API library for .NET
- You can now add fax functionalities to your C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET applications.
- Requires .NET Framework 4.0 or above.
3. Provide job result file for File-based Faxing.
* New fixes and updates - ExtraFax for Microsoft Exchange 2.3 contains several fixes and updates:
1. In Dashboard, user can choose the unit used in the charts: in Number of Faxes or in Number of Pages.
2. Display inbound routing matching sequence in the Inbound Routing Configuration view.
3. When an incoming fax is split to multiple logs according to barcode recognition settings, same Fax# will be used for the split logs. This allows users to associate the related fax logs.
4. Error occurs when opening a recipient from the outgoing job views. Now fixed.
5. Large database transaction log is generated in previous versions. Now fixed.
For new installation, please:
1. Follow the installation instructions mentioned in ExtraFax Installation Guide.
How to upgrade from a previous version of ExtraFax for Exchange:
Important: Please make sure you have a valid ExtraFax 2.3 license key before upgrading. License keys from any previous version are not compatible.
You can upgrade to this version if you have purchased our Maintenance Plus Plan or Standard Maintenance Plan for ExtraFax for Exchange 2.0.
Please kindly contact our Authorized Reseller or Extracomm Sales Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for maintenance plan pricing.
1. Backup your existing ExtraFax SQL Database and make note of any customizations.
2. Open ExtraFax Management Console. Stop all ExtraFax services.
3. In ExtraFax Management Console. Double-click License. Enter the new license key. Quit the ExtraFax Management Console.
(You can choose to update the license key after step 6. In that case, you can skip step 3.)
4. Run the new ExtraFax setup program to start installing the latest version of ExtraFax. You can perform in-place upgrades. There is no need to un-install the previous version of ExtraFax before installing ExtraFax for Exchange 2.3.
5. At the end of the installation, you will be asked to open the ExtraFax Management Console. Please open it. This will connect to the SQL Server and upgrade the database.
6. You will see a confirmation dialog box on success of the database upgrade. ExtraFax services will be started automatically.
ExtraFax for Exchange Product Page
Request a Live Web Demo
Request Product Quotation
Download ExtraFax for Exchange
ExtraFax Virtualization for Microsoft Exchange Quick Reference Guide
For more information on ExtraFax for Exchange, please contact Extracomm or an Authorized Extracomm Reseller.