ExtraFax 9.0.1 is available for download now!
New Product Announcement - June 1, 2015
Extracomm Inc. is proud to announce the availability of ExtraFax 9.0.1 for IBM Notes/Domino. This new maintenance release contains many innovative new features, essential enhancements and critical fixes as described below.
What's New in ExtraFax 9.0.1
* New features and enhancements - This version contains the following useful new features and enhancements:
- ExtraFax now supports the use of Ghostscript for rendering outbound PDF fax attachments.
- ExtraFax now supports the use of the latest Brooktrout 6.7.2 drivers.
- Significantly reduce the time to recover from ExtraFax Native Printing (attachment rendering) errors.
- Some enhancements for reducing the chance of having ExtraFax Native Printing related issues.
- Improved load-balancing of outbound fax/SMS jobs by using a better way to compute the capacity of each port at run-time.
- Capability to restrict fax auto-reply for specific ports and/or DID codes only.
- Capability to send a notification if the number of pending outbound fax/SMS jobs is more than a predefined number.
- Capability to dither image type fax attachments before rendering in the hope of enhancing the quality of the resulting outbound fax images.
- Enhanced the accuracy of barcode recognition.
- Unicode text in fax header line can now be displayed properly for all the ExtraFax supported fax devices.
- A new option in User Preferences to enforce using a specific fax cover page.
* New fixes and updates - ExtraFax 9.0.1 contains several fixes and updates since ExtraFax 9.0:
- Prevent ExtraFax from changing the fax domain name unexpectedly after failing over in a clustered ExtraFax server environment.
- Prevent outbound faxes that are a Notes response document from remaining in the Newly Submitted state under the Current Job Status view without being processed
- Avoid automatic printing of inbound and outbound faxes generated by the ExtraFax Monitoring probes.
- ExtraFax will no longer hide Microsoft Office when rendering Microsoft Office attachments, so that any dialog box prompted by Microsoft Office during the rendering process will become visible and make it possible to dismiss it manually when necessary.
- ExtraFax will spool temporary files into the current user's temporary folder instead of spooling into c:\temp in some occasions to avoid having access denied issues.
- The "Disable Using Personal Fax Numbers as the Calling Party Number" setting in the ExtraFax Server Configuration document is now renamed to "Use Personal Fax Numbers as the Calling Party Number" and it is set to "No" by default.
- Fixed a bug related to the "View Detail Log" button for outbound faxes.
- Fixed a bug related to enforcing delivery report in User Preferences documents.
- Fixed a bug related to the "Post-Routing Action" setting in ExtraFax Server Configuration document.
- After routing a received fax/SMS message manually, ExtraFax will decide whether to remove its content according to the "Action after Inbound Routing" setting specified in ExtraFax Server Configuration document.
- For Brooktrout fax board / SR140: avoid incorrectly blocking valid inbound fax calls when the "Block DID" feature has been enabled in the ExtraFax Port Control document(s).
- For SMS: fixed a bug when generating port-level debug logs.
- For SMS: fixed a bug which caused ExtraFax not to retry sending an SMS job in case of transmission failure.
- For ExtraFax Server service: fixed a bug when handling white space character in ExtraFax installation path.
- For some ExtraFax scheduled agents: addressed problem when getting the correct ExtraFax Server Configuration document and mail.box information.
* Discontinued support of features or devices:
The following feature / software is no longer supported beginning with ExtraFax 9.0:
|Unsupported Operating Systems||Suggested Replacement|
|Windows XP, Windows 2003 Server||Windows 7/8/2008/2012|
|Unsupported Domino Versions||Suggested Replacement|
|IBM Notes/Domino 7.x||IBM Notes/ Domino 8.x / 9.x|
|Unsupported Feature||Suggested Replacement|
|Skype SMS||None (due to the discontinuation of the Skype's Desktop API)|
The following device is no longer supported beginning with ExtraFax 8.5:
|Unsupported Device||Suggested Replacement|
|Nokia Symbian mobiles (for MMS)||Any GPRS modem, e.g. MultiTech MultiModem GPRS|
The following fax boards are no longer supported beginning with ExtraFax 8.0:
For new installation, please:
|Unsupported Device||Suggested Replacement|
|Legacy Non-RoHS Compliant Brooktrout TruFax Analog and TR114||Brooktrout TR1034|
|GammaLink||Any ExtraFax supported fax board, e.g. Brooktrout TR1034|
|Donjin||Any ExtraFax supported fax board, e.g. Brooktrout TR1034|
1. Follow the installation instructions mentioned in ExtraFax Installation Guide
How to upgrade from a previous version of ExtraFax:
Please make sure you have a valid ExtraFax 9.0.1 license key
before upgrading. License keys from any previous version are not compatible.
You can upgrade to this version if you have purchased our Maintenance Plus Plan
or Standard Maintenance Plan for ExtraFax 9.0
Please kindly contact our Authorized Reseller or Extracomm Sales Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for maintenance plan pricing.
* SMS/MMS port
is under license (port/channel) control.
For ExtraFax Enterprise and Standard licenses, SMS/MMS port will be counted as one fax board channel.
For ExtraFax Lite and UltraLite licenses, SMS/MMS port will be counted as one fax modem port.
1. Backup your existing extrafax.nsf and make note of any customizations. In advance of upgrading ExtraFax you should make sure that the design elements in your extrafax.nsf are not marked as "Prohibit design refresh or replace to modify"), otherwise the database design upgrade process may not complete properly.
2. For Brooktrout fax board users, backup the following files from Domino/Notes program directory (Brooktrout 4.9.1 or earlier version drivers), or from C:\Program Files\Brooktrout\Config directory (Brooktrout 5.2 or greater version drivers).
(Skip a particular file if it does not exist)
3. For users of Brooktrout TR1034/TruFax/SR140, if you are currently using Brooktrout 4.7.1 - 6.7.0 driver, please download and reinstall with the latest Brooktrout 6.7.2 driver.
4. Run the ExtraFax setup program to start installing the latest version of ExtraFax. You can perform in-place upgrades. There is no need to un-install the previous version of ExtraFax before installing ExtraFax 9.0.1.
5. You will now be prompted to specify the ExtraFax license key during the ExtraFax Server installation process.
6. Following the installation of ExtraFax, when you start ExtraFax it will automatically upgrade the design of extrafax.nsf (Highly Recommended)
if you have chosen to do so as prompted in the setup program.
7. Following the completion of the automatic design upgrade, manually apply any previous database customizations (if any) to the post office database if necessary.
8. You can manually update the database title from the Basics tab of the Database Properties box to reflect the updated version of ExtraFax.
9. Restart the ExtraFax server and test to confirm that it is running normally.
Download ExtraFax 9.0.1 for Notes/Domino
Maintenance Plan Descriptions
List of Resellers
ExtraFax Product Page